What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quinoa Veggie Stew (chili)

 I got the Chili recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod. Go HERE to view it.
Obviously, omit the cheese, sour cream as toppings.
This is delicious, packed with protien, and we calculated that it's only about 160 calories per CUP!!

I've been meaning to try a few homemade vegan cornbread recipes...but haven't done it.
For now, I have been buying a milk, egg, dairy-free vegan friendly cornbread mix at the store. And then I just add Almond milk(instead of the milk) and make a "flax egg" in place of the eggs.

This salad above is my favorite right now: Spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, and avacado. I usually pair it with a Blush Wine Vinegarette, or Annie's Balsamic Vinegarette. The sweetness of the dressings makes it takes like a dessert to me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment