What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade French Fries and BLT's


Homemade Fries:
Cut potatoes into 1/4 in long strips.
Place on a baking sheet covered with either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
You can spray the fries with cooking spray if you want, but it isn't neccessary.
Sprinkle with salt.
Bake @ 400 degrees. 15 mins on one side. Flip the fries and cook about 15 mins more on the other side. Until the fries are golden brown (or too your liking, I like mine a little too done:) )

BLT's:
I can't say that I love using meat substitutes. Honestly, I'd rather just not have "meat" at all.
However, I can say that my family loves "Smart Bacon".
We make our BLT's by toasting some good vegan bread (we use Dave's Killer Bread)
You can use some Veganaise (I do for the kids)
My hubby and I would rather just smear some smashed avacado on as a sub for the "mayo".
The place your "bacon", lettuce, and tomatoes. Sprinkle a little pepper and salt and your good to go.
Easy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment