What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Favorite Green Smoothie

-Almond butter, chocolate, spinach smoothie


This is my favorite green smoothie recipe.

1 frozen banana
2 C fresh spinach
1 T. chia seeds (or sometimes I use ground flax)
1 serving chocolate protein powder (Sunwarrior is excellent. Vitacost.com is cheaper than stores)
1 T . almond butter
1 C almond milk
a scoop of cubed ice

Blend well in a blender (I use my Ninja. Oh, how I wish I had a vitamix...someday.)

If you drink this all, its about 450 cal. It's a great after workout shake, to give your body some extra protein and natural sugar for energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment