What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Friday, January 3, 2014

My Favorite Lunch: Veggie Wraps

The Veggie Wrap is my most favorite lunch. 

I usually start with an Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla, 
add smashed avocado, 
spinach, 
tomato slices, 
cucumber slices, 
red onion, 
and salt & pepper to taste. 
(You could add so many more things:
             lettuce, sprouts, beans, peppers, pickles, hummus, olives, etc.etc)
Paired with this Balsamic Vinegarette as a dip and its heavenly:

  • 2.5 tablespoons balsamic, white, or red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or regular mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • Ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 minced clove of garlic (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions: Toss all ingredients into a bowl and whisk! Makes about 1/2 cup of dressing.

(The original recipe is from Ohsheglows.com and calls for 2T pure maple syrup, but I think it's too sickly sweet that way. You can try adding it!)

Other wraps I want to try:

Collared Wraps
Hummus Wraps
Roated Veggie Baguette with Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment