What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cilantro Lime Rice

I use this rice as a side, or most of the time in burros, on nachos, or mexican salads, etc.

32 oz vegetable broth
3 C. Rice
2 tsp. lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced

Place in pot, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until done (depending on what kind of rice you use, see package directions)

Then add:
2 T. finely chopped cilantro
4 tsp. sugar
2 T. Lime juice

Mix and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment