What is a plant based diet?

What is a plant based diet?
A plant based diet to me means that the vast majority of calories I consume comes from produce, beans, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and grains. It means trying to eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, ect. Does that mean I will never again eat meat, dairy, or something that's not good for me? Nope. But I am going to do my best from now on to focus my meals around this healthier form of eating.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baked Ziti


This is something I throw together on a night when I don't have much time to cook.
Kids always eat it too, so that's a plus.

1 pkg short noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
Sautee an onion, chopped small and a few cloves of minced garlic in a large skillet.
I also like to add some chopped mushrooms, and a zuchinni (you can puree any veggie you want in a food processor and add it to the sauce, carrots, broccoli, califlower, etc. I hide veggies all the time so my kids will eat them.)
Also, spinach is always good in pasta as well.
add:
If you have a jar of vegan friendly pasta sauce you can use that
or I usually use:
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 small tomato paste
Oregano, to taste (about 1 tsp)
Basil, to taste (about 1 tsp)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 tsp brown sugar makes it really tasty:)

Add noodle, stir, then transfer all to a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment